Associate Membership Benefits
For companies that do business with Indiana banks, associate membership is a natural. Associate members enjoy the following benefits including:
- An introduction in the Associate Members’ Corner column of Hoosier Banker magazine.
- A complimentary subscription to the monthly Hoosier Banker magazine (both hard copy and digital format), the only trade journal tailored for Indiana bankers, and to IBA E-News, IBA’s weekly electronic newsletter.
- Connections with IBA social media: IBA Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- A listing in the annual Indiana Financial Institutions Directory and a complimentary copy of the directory.
- IBA website presence at www.indianabankers.org, with hyperlinks to associate members’ sites and contact information.
- An annual listing of all member banks in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Advertising opportunities in Hoosier Banker, IBA E-News and the Indiana Financial Institutions Directory. These advertising privileges are reserved solely for IBA members and associate members. Advertising in IBA event program booklets also is available at IBA-member rates.
- Access to educational and event opportunities at IBA-member rates.
- An online list of event attendees for all major events.
- Access to IBA products and services:401(k) adn office supplies.
- IBA committee membership opportunities, an avenue for networking with IBA-member banks.
IBA associate members are encouraged to participate in the Association in a variety of ways, either through individual options or through IBA marketing packages, utilizing the following:
To begin the process of becoming an IBA associate member, please complete this application (pdf) and return it to the IBA electronically or by mail, along with your selected method of payment, and an IBA representative will contact you to further explain any approval procedures.
Associate members that participate in IBA offerings add to their potential for increased business with the Indiana banking community.
IBA hosts several trade shows annually:
- The IBA Mega Conference is a comprehensive educational event, with more than 40 sessions and attendance by approximately 1,000 bankers. The conference is held each spring at the Indiana Convention Center in downtown Indianapolis.
- The Annual Convention, held each fall, is attended primarily by CEOs and directors. With a somewhat greater social component, this event is generally held at a resort locale.
- A variety of topic-specific conferences — focusing on banking functions such as IT Security, Physical Security and Agricultural Lending — serve the in-depth educational needs of IBA members.
Each of these events gives services providers the opportunity to display products and services to top decision-makers in Indiana banks. IBA associate members are given priority access to these in-demand venues.
The IBA welcomes sponsors to help underwrite Association activities such as golf outings, refreshment breaks, apps, receptions, banquets, forums and entertainment. Sponsorships accommodate a wide range of budgets. Sponsors are recognized through various means, identifying them as leading providers to the Indiana banking industry.
The IBA offers several print vehicles for your advertising message:
- Hoosier Banker magazine is the flagship publication of the Association. Published monthly, Hoosier Banker is distributed to nearly 5,000 subscribers, with pass-along readership exceeding 11,000. The magazine also is available in digital format, attracting approximately 700 online readers each month.
- The Mega Conference and Annual Convention program booklets are ideal for reaching decision-makers in attendance at IBA’s largest educational events.
- The Indiana Financial Institutions Directory contains a geographical listing of all Indiana banks, thrifts and credit unions. A key feature is the “yellow pages,” where associate members are listed and have the exclusive right to place advertising.
The IBA maintains an extensive database that can be segmented by functional title, geographic location and asset size of institution. Preferred Service Providers, Diamond Members and marketing package participants may make use of these segments to deliver pertinent messages directly to target market audiences.
For associate members making a financial commitment of $5,000 or more, any of the foregoing tools can be grouped together to form an IBA marketing package, providing participants with an edge on competition with an outstanding return on marketing dollar. The IBA can create a package to fit almost any marketing budget.
- Introductory targeted mail campaign
- Four full-page advertisements in Hoosier Banker
- Follow-up targeted mail campaign
- Trade show exhibit at the Mega Conference
- Full-page directory ad
If priced individually, these items represent a $6,000 value. As a marketing package, the price is extra-valued to $5,400, for a savings of 10 percent.
Depending on scope of needs, the IBA can custom build packages designed to increase awareness and market share for associate members’ products and services.