Education & Events
Senior Retail Banking Forum
An Investment in Your Bank’s Future!
This Senior Retail Banking Forum will provide a platform and opportunity for Retail Banking Officers to exchange ideas freely, examine pressing issues in today’s ever-evolving regulatory, cost-conscience and productivity-driven environment. You don’t want to miss this opportunity!
Peer-to-peer sessions have proven very successful for IBA membership focus groups such as the CFO Forums, Human Resources Director Forum, Senior Lender Forums, and IT Officer & Operations Officer Forums. Based on feedback from the membership, this new Senior Retail Banking Forum will be no exception.
The IBA is pleased to provide this program where individuals who are responsible for retail banking issues in their institutions have the opportunity to discuss and explore collaborative solutions to challenges they face on a day-to-day basis.
The Senior Retail Banking Forum will meet three times annually at the Indiana Bankers Association headquarters. The agenda for each session will flow based on feedback from participants in the forum group. As necessary, subject matter experts will be brought in to cover specific issues and topics based on responses from the forum members.
The Topics for each session will flow based on feedback from participants in the forum group. As necessary, subject matter experts will be brought in to cover specific issues and topics based on responses from forum members.
Possible Forum Topics
- Building a Retail Banking Branch and Culture
- Current Challenges with Growing the Retail Branch
- Performance Management: Metrics, Scorecards, Contracting for Improvement
- Business Development: Increasing the Pipeline, Small Business Strategies, Protecting Key Customers
- Improving and Maximizing the Customer Experience
- Employee Engagement and Development
- Emerging Products and Services
- Generating Revenue: Value Added, Cross Selling, Non-Interest Income, On-Boarding and Re-Boarding
- Balancing Regulatory and Compliance with Generating Revenue
Meet Your Facilitator
Dianne Barton is President of Performance Solutions, Inc., (PSI), a training and consulting company that specializes in providing “real world” solutions to the key challenges facing banks today in attracting and building relationships with their customers. Her wide-range of training and consulting experience includes strategic planning facilitation, leadership development, regulatory compliance, and service and sales development.
Before starting Performance Solutions in 1983, she held senior positions with Bank South Corporation, the Internal Revenue Service, and the John H. Harland Company. Dianne is a graduate of Georgia State University and is on the faculty of several state banking schools.
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 p.m. Lunch
3:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
The following fees include three consecutive sessions to the forum, program materials, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
IBA member - $999 per person
Non-member - $1999 per person
Participation in IBA programs is limited to members, associate members, and nonmembers from an eligible membership category at applicable member or non-member rates.
Benefits of the Forum…
- Improve your effectiveness as Retail Banking Officer
- Discuss current industry challenges with others in Retail Banking
- Form lasting relationships with other Retail Banking colleagues
- Solve your most pressing problems
- Grow professionally as well as personally
- Discuss with peers what works and what doesn’t
How the Forum Works…
- The Forum will meet three times during the year
- Several topics will be discussed at each session. Participants are strongly encouraged to suggest topics of interest
- Forum participants get the benefit of working with seasoned facilitators on a cost-saving basis
- A binder based on Forum topics is compiled for each group member
Laurie Rees, Vice President - Education & Training
Due to our commitments, the price is inclusive of all three sessions. A full refund for the 3-session forum will be given for cancellations received prior to the first session. Any registrant who does not cancel before the first session will be billed the full registration fee and send the materials. Substitutions are welcome at no additional charge. It is the registrants responsibility to find a substitute if unable to make a session.