Senior Lender Forum Group 1
This Senior Lender Forum will provide a platform and opportunity for Senior Lenders to exchange ideas freely, dissect problems, and discuss important issues with peers. You do not want to miss this opportunity!
The Topics for each session will flow based on feedback from participants in the forum group. As necessary, subject matter experts will be brought in to cover specific issues and topics based on responses from forum members.
POSSIBLE FORUM TOPICS:
- Business development issues—Leading indicators in growing quality loans; Negotiating with borrowers; Incenting performance without incenting risk
- Regulatory issues - What examiners are emphasizing; Forthcoming rule changes and their implications; Recent examination experiences
- Profitability issues - Maintaining pricing discipline among lenders; Measuring individual lender profitability
- Lending and risk issues - Evolution of loan risk grading; Improving analyst/lender collaboration; The Senior Lender’s role in enterprise risk management
- People issues - Using support personnel more effectively; Recruiting lender talent; Motivation in a tough environment
- Personal growth - The Senior Lender as a leader; Making execution a priority; Coaching for performance
- Emerging issues - The creeping of compliance issues into commercial lending; Evolution of the ALLL toward the Current Expected Credit Loss model; and others as they arise
8:30 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
3:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
IBA Center for Professional Development
8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd, Suite 155E
Indianapolis, IN 46240
The following fees include the program materials, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
$1,200 per IBA member
$2,400 per non-member
Class size is limited to 15 attendees.
Benefits of the Forum…
- Improve the profitability of your loan portfolio
- Reduce the risk in your loan portfolio
- Increase your understanding of regulatory issues
- Form lasting relationships with noncompeting senior lenders
- Solve your most pressing concerns
- Obtain access to highly respected industry experts
- Grow professionally, as well as personally
- Discuss with peers what works and what doesn’t
How the Forum Works…
- IBA will organize the forum based on bank size and market to ensure that participants have as much in common as possible without being competitors
- The group will be small—no more than 15 participants
- The Forum will meet three times during the year
- Eight to 10 topics will be discussed at each session; participants are strongly encouraged to suggest agenda topics of interest
- Forum participants get the benefit of working with expert consultants on a cost-saving basis
- A binder based on Forum topics is compiled for each group member
Laurie Rees, Vice President - Education & Training
Due to our commitments, the price is inclusive of all three sessions. A full refund for the 3-session forum will be given for cancellations received prior to the first session. Any registrant who does not cancel before the first session will be billed the full registration fee and sent the materials. Substitutions are welcome at no additional charge.