New Year - New Start: Key Components for a Successful Year: Branch Management Series I
Branch Management Workshop 1 focuses on exploring the key components of a successful retail bank branch.
Participants will leave with valuable tools and a “game plan” for 2018.
The agenda includes:
- Where Am I Today –Self-Assessment of Current Skills and Talents
- The Leadership Challenge for Today’s Branch Management Team
- Unleashing Your Leadership Abilities
- Communication Tools for Today’s Branch Manager
- Understanding and Leading Today’s Team of Different Generations
- Implementing the 3 C’s to Excellence –plus one more
- Coaching the Team to Engagement
- Getting the Right Person in the Right Seat - Recruiting a Winning Team
- Employee Onboarding - First 90 Days
- Discovering Learning Styles
- Defining the Performance Management Process for 2018
- Developing Performance Expectations for the Team
- Top 10 Human Resource Must Knows for Today’s Retail Managers
- Branch “Best Practices” and Action Planning
The Branch Management Series is presented by Performance Solutions, Inc., a training & consulting company that specializes in providing solutions to the key challenges facing community banks today in attracting, selling & servicing their customers. The Branch Management Series was originally introduced in 1983 and is continually revised and updated to meet the challenges and changes the banking industry experiences.
Dianne Barton is the Founder & President of Performance Solutions, Inc., a training and consulting company that specializes in providing solutions to the key challenges facing community banks today in attracting, selling & servicing their customers. As a former banker, her service, which includes a broad scope including strategic planning, leadership and management development, regulatory & compliance implementations, retail growth strategies, and sales & service culture development, is recognized as “real world solutions” by both regional banks and community banks.
Dianne’s training programs are designed to “close the gap” between the bank’s needs and employees’ skills. A philosophy of experiential learning and participant involvement in training led to the development of her “TELL-SHOW-DO” training method that is skill based rather than theory based. The training limits lecture discussions to a maximum of 7-9 minutes, relying on an active “hands on” approach by the participants.
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 Noon Lunch (included)
1:00 p.m. Program Resumes
4:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
The 2018 Branch Management Series will be held at the IBA Center for Professional Development, 8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd. Suite 155E, Indianapolis, IN 46240. Registration & Continental breakfast will begin at 8:30 a.m., with classes running from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The 2018 Branch Management Series dates are:
January 16, 2018 - April 17, 2018 - August 21, 2018 - November 27, 2018
IBA Members Non-Members
$850 - Full Program $1700 - Full Program
$225 - Each Individual Session $450 - Each Individual Session
Fees include the program, materials, continental breakfast, lunch & refreshments.
Participation in IBA programs is limited to members, associate members, and nonmembers from an eligible membership category at applicable member or nonmember rates.
What is the Process for Certification?
Branch Management Certification Overview
Indiana Bankers Association is proud to offer the Branch Management Certification program. The workshops do not have to be taken in sequence in order to receive a certification. The four workshop sessions may also be completed as stand-alone sessions.
The benefits of this certification process include:
- An investment in developing “best practices” for your bank’s branch network.
- An educational resource for training and career development.
- Recognition and opportunities for branch managers by completing these sessions.
- A foundation builder for banking schools.
- A commitment to successful, profitable, efficient and effective branches.
This is a comprehensive training program that focuses on three key components:
- Completion of all four workshops in the Branch Management Series.
- Successful completion of assignments after each of the four workshops.
- Annually attending one live full day IBA workshop to re-certify each year.
Retail Managers, Branch Managers, Assistant Managers, Branch Manager Candidates and anyone responsible for the direction and development of a retail branch.
Laurie Rees, Vice President, Education & Training
Elizabeth Kilty, Education Coordinator
The IBA will send confirmations as requested for its programs. Please check the appropriate box & include a fax number on the registration form. If you have questions, contact Marlene Wells via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 317-387-9380.
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. Within two days prior, 50% of the fee is assessed. Refunds are not provided for cancellations 1 day prior or absences on the day of the program. Substitutions are welcome at anytime.