Education & Events
Military Lending Act & SCRA: Compliance & Lessons Learned
May 29, 2019, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
An important fair lending component that is often overlooked is how to properly extend credit to active duty servicemembers. Two federal laws govern these requirements: the Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and the Military Lending Act (MLA). This program will identify both the protections afforded to active duty servicemembers on existing loans under the SCRA, as well as the MLA’s compliance requirements for new loans made to active duty servicemembers.
Maximumrate of interest on existing extensions of credit under the SCRA
- Foreclosure protections under the SCRA and how these were affected by the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act
- Enforcement actions against financial institutions for SCRA violations
- How to properly calculate the Military Annual Percentage Rate (MAPR) under the MLA
- Additional disclosure requirements for new credit extended to active duty servicemembers
- MLA loan product restrictions and limitations
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Quick reference chart comparing SCRA and MLA compliance requirements
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Michael Christians, JD, Michael Christians Consulting, LLC
As principal of Michael Christians Consulting, LLC, Michael assists financial institutions across the country to ensure their compliance programs conform to federal laws and regulations. He provides counsel on current rules, assists with regulatory implementation, and offers customized education and training. Michael has over 20 years’ experience in the financial services industry and focuses on consumer compliance. He obtained a Juris Doctorate from Drake University Law School and was admitted to the Iowa State Bar in 2014.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This informative session is designed specifically for lenders, underwriters, lending support staff, collectors, managers, and compliance officers.
$255.00 Single Location
$155.00 Each Additional Location
Recorded Webinar & Free Digital Download
Premiere Package (Live & Recorded Webinar with Free Digital Download)
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Marcy Borden at 317-387-9380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. If your bank is unable to participate after registering, you can select to purchase the on-demand presentation.