Education & Events
Managing the Community Bank’s Loan Review Function
This seminar focuses on best practices for managing the community bank’s loan review function. Both the primary outcomes and current regulator expectations for loan review will be discussed.
- Regulatory Guidance for Managing the Loan Review Function
- What the Regulators Are Finding Wrong with Loan Review and the Proactive Measures Bankers Must Take
- The Seven Objectives of Loan Review
- How Loan Purpose Determines Financial Information Requirements
- The Role of the Account Officer’s Credit Memorandum
- Reviewing the Bank’s Line of Credit
- Reviewing the Impact of the Commercial Borrower’s Financial Leverage
- Reviewing the Commercial Borrower’s Debt Service Capacity
- The Importance of Timely and Accurate Risk Ratings
- Specific Ways the Loan Review Function Supports Strategic Credit Risk Management Objectives
In his banking career which spans 40 years, John Cochran has served in various lending and senior management positions including President and CEO of a community bank. John established Cochran Associates LLC in 2000 to provide bank training and consulting services. To date, he has presented lending seminars for many state bank associations and annually participates in ten commercial lending schools as a principal instructor or sole presenter. He has been the lead faculty member of the Missouri School of Lending since 1990. John is also on the faculty of the Pacific Coast Banking School where he presents a series of lectures on Credit Risk Management. When their schedules permit, John and his wife, Pam, enjoy camping, canoeing and fly fishing Missouri’s trout streams.
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 Noon Lunch (included)
1:00 p.m. Program Resumes
4:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
This seminar will be held at the IBA Center for Professional Development, 8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd. Suite 155E, Indianapolis, IN 46240. Directions, map & a list of local hotels are available at www.indianabankers.org or by calling 317-387-9380.
$225 First Person
$155 Additional Attendee From
Participation in IBA programs is limited to members, associate members, and nonmembers from an eligible membership category at
Image Use Policy: Registration in IBA events constitutes an agreement to the IBA’s use and distribution of the attendee’s image or voice. Details: indianabankers.org/policy
Who Should Attend:
Community bankers who have lending and loan review responsibilities as well as members of the bank’s credit administration staff with loan review responsibilities.
If you have any questions please contact Elizabeth DeHaven at 317-387-9380 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. Within two days prior, 50% of the fee is assessed. Refunds are not provided for cancellations the day before or absences on the day of the program. Substitutions are welcome at anytime.