Education & Events
Managing Accounts & Records for Nonresident Aliens: Opening, Identifying, Monitoring & Tax Reporting
Opening and managing accounts for nonresident aliens (NRAs) can seem overwhelming. What kind of identification can be requested? What if the individual doesn’t have a Social Security number? How is earned interest reported at year-end? This informative session will explain how to effectively identify nonresident aliens, conduct enhanced due diligence at account opening, and monitor these high-risk relationships. You will also gain insight into proper tax reporting of NRA accounts and be provided with sample language, tips, and tools to update policies and procedures. Don’t miss this jam-packed webinar!
- Differentiating between resident aliens and nonresident aliens
- Identification documentation at account opening
- Comparing and understanding tax identification number types
- When and how to complete the W-8BEN
- Enhanced due diligence
- Monitoring processes to incorporate into BSA procedures
- Reporting NRA transactions to the IRS
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Reference tool illustrating the difference between resident and nonresident aliens
- Sample NRA language for BSA/AML risk assessment
- Account opening and due diligence documentation
- Sample W-8BEN
- IRS reporting reference guide
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
DON’T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
Managing Minor Accounts: Withdrawals, Transfers, CDD, Closing & Best Practices
Thursday, September 12, 2019
Personal Accounts: Ownership, Authorization, Titling & Documentation
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This informative session is a must for compliance officers, BSA officers, branch managers, new account representatives, and staff who prepare tax documents.
$255.00 Single Location
$155.00 Each Additional Location
Recorded Webinar & Free Digital Download
Premiere Package (Live & Recorded Webinar with Free Digital Download)
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Marcy Borden at 317-387-9380 or email@example.com
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. If your bank is unable to participate after registering, you can select to purchase the on-demand presentation.