Education & Events
Living, Grantor & Family Trust Accounts: Common Problems in Account Opening & Lending
June 25, 2019, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
Do you know that
This webinar will explain the proper documentation and information that must be obtained before opening accounts for trusts, including determining who is authorized to transact business. It will also clarify the necessary loan documents you must obtain and everything else that must be understood before lending to trusts, including determining whether the trust has the power to borrow money and/or pledge trust assets.
- Differences between living trusts, grantor trusts, family trusts, revocable trusts, testamentary trusts, and business trusts
- Who are the parties in
a trustand what actions are they authorized to take?
- Should you require the entire trust agreement or only a certification of trust?
- If the trust agreement authorizes the trust to borrow money, can the trust guarantee a beneficiary’s loan?
- If there are multiple trustees, must all trustees sign, or can only one trustee sign on behalf of the trust?
- When can an individual’s Social Security number be used for the trust?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist for opening a deposit account for a trust
- Checklist for lending to a trust
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Elizabeth Fast, JD, CPA, Spencer Fane LLP
Elizabeth Fast is a partner with Spencer Fane LLP where she specializes in the representation of financial institutions. Elizabeth is the head of the firm’s training division. She received her law degree from the University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree from Pittsburg State University. In addition, she has a Master of Business Administration degree and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Before joining Spencer Fane, she was General Counsel, Senior Vice President, and Corporate Secretary of a $9 billion bank with more than 130 branches, where she managed all legal, regulatory, and compliance functions. She is a member of the Missouri State Banking Board by appointment of the Governor.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This informative session will be useful to both deposit and loan operations, including new accounts personnel, loan documentation staff, loan officers, tellers, attorneys, compliance personnel, auditors, and managers.
$255.00 Single Location
$155.00 Each Additional Location
Recorded Webinar & Free Digital Download
Premiere Package (Live & Recorded Webinar with Free Digital Download)
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Marcy Borden at 317-387-9380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. If your bank is unable to participate after registering, you can select to purchase the on-demand presentation.