Education & Events
Leading, Developing and Engaging the Team : Branch Management Series Workshop
Branch Management Series II focuses on building the branch team. Managers learn proven ways to get team members engaged and challenging teams to exceptional performance. An "engaged
employee" is one who is fully involved in, and enthusiastic about their work, and therefore will act in a way that furthers their bank's interests.
- Update of Lessons Learned – Skill Development
- Critical Skills for Today’s Retail Bankers
- Balancing Today’s Deposit Regulatory Requirements
- Security and Robbery Prevention for The Retail Banking Team
- Problem Solving
- Creating Employee Engagement
- What is it? And Why do it?
- Avoiding Common Problems
- Identifying and Assessing the Engagement Drivers in the Retail Branch
- Finding More Time – Time Management Skills
- Avoiding “Doing It All Yourself” – Getting the Team Onboard
- Meetings – New Alternatives to Meetings
- Branch “Best Practices" and Action Planning
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 Noon Lunch (included)
1:00 p.m. Program Resumes
4:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
The 2019 Branch Management Series will be held at the IBA Center for Professional Development, 8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd. Suite 155E, Indianapolis, IN 46240. The 2019 Branch Management Series dates are:
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019
- January 2020 Date TBD
IBA Members Non-Members
$850 - Full Program $1700 - Full Program
$225 - Each Individual Session $450 - Each Individual Session
Fees include the program, materials, continental breakfast, lunch & refreshments.
Participation in IBA programs is limited to members, associate members, and nonmembers from an eligible membership category at applicable member or nonmember rates.
The Indiana Bankers Association is proud to offer the updated and revised Branch Management Series. More than ever before, today’s branch manager is faced with a multitude of challenges and opportunities. Successful banks have Branch Managers who are focused on motivating and engaging the team, building and increasing loyal customer relationships, mitigating risks through compliance and regulatory adherence, and accomplishing retail banking goals. In essence, the Branch Manager is the business manager. On-going education, training, and networking are essential in developing successful Branch Managers in today’s ever-changing environment. The Branch Management Series is four-workshop sessions that may also be completed as stand-alone sessions.
The benefits of this series process include:
- An investment in developing “best practices” for your bank’s branch network.
- An educational resource for training and career development.
- Recognition and opportunities for branch managers by completing these sessions.
- A foundation builder for banking schools.
- A commitment to successful, profitable, efficient and effective branches.
Who Should Attend:
The Branch Management sessions are designed for Retail Managers, Branch Managers, Assistant Managers, Branch Manager Candidates and anyone responsible for the direction and development of a retail branch. These sessions can be completed in a series or as stand-alone sessions.
Laurie Rees, Vice President, Education & Training
Elizabeth DeHaven, Education Coordinator
The IBA will send confirmations as requested for its programs. Please check the appropriate box & include a fax number on the registration form. If you have questions, contact Elizabeth DeHaven via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 317-387-9380.
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. Within two days prior, 50% of the fee is assessed. Refunds are not provided for cancellations 1 day prior or absences on the day of the program. Substitutions are welcome at anytime.