IBA Google Groups
The IBA is made up of thousands of members from around the state with varying backgrounds and experience levels. With such a vast pool of industry knowledge, there is no better resource to learn and grow from than your peers. Join the movement of bankers supporting one another through IBA Google Groups.
Sign up today and receive access to the following benefits.
- A peer community to ask questions on banking issues
- Answers and advice from bankers in your area(s) of expertise
- A chance to share your knowledge and experiences with others
IBA Google Groups
Click desired group(s) to begin, then follow instructions below
IBA Compliance Discussion
IBA Consumer Lending Discussion
IBA Cybersecurity Discussion
IBA Financial Management Discussion
IBA Future Leadership Division (FLD Members Only - Join FLD)
IBA Human Resources Discussion
IBA Information Technology Discussion
IBA Internal Audit Discussion
IBA Marketing Discussion
IBA Mortgage Lending Discussion
IBA Risk Management Discussion
IBA Senior Retail/Branch Administration Discussion
IBA Training Director Discussion
IBA Trust Discussion
How to Join a Google Group
Option 1 – Create a Google Profile Using Your Bank Email
This option will allow users to access the Google Group pages to begin discussions, as well as see past email discussions that have occurred within the groups. In addition, users will be able to begin discussions and receive emails through their bank email address by using the email address specific to the group.
1. Click here to create a Google account, and be sure to enter your bank email. (This does not create a Gmail account, only a Google profile so you can access Google Groups with your bank email.)
2. Verify your email and complete your Google profile information.
3. Click on your desired group(s) above.
4. Before clicking “Apply for Membership,” make sure you’re logged in to the new account you’ve just made by clicking the icon in the top right corner and checking the email address. If you’re not logged into the right account, simply select the correct account from the list.
5. Click “Apply for Membership” on your desired groups.
6. In the pop-up box, edit your display name, select preferences for email frequency and indicate your name and bank in the comment box provided before clicking “Apply to join this group.”
7. To begin a discussion through the Google Group webpage, select “New Topic” in the group page.
8. To begin a discussion directly from your email platform (e.g. Outlook), copy and paste the email address specific to the group in your email platform and hit send. Members can receive the group-specific email addresses for each group by requesting the IBA Google Group User Guide from Josh Myers or Emily Brooks.
9. To participate in discussions, “reply all” in the group page or in your email platform.
Option 2 – Manually Add Your Bank Email Address Without Creating Google Profile
In some cases, members are unable to create a Google profile using their bank email address. If this occurs, the IBA can add members to Google Groups manually. This option will not allow users to access the Google Group pages to begin discussions or see past email discussions that have occurred within the groups. However, users will still be able to begin discussions and receive messages through their bank email address by using the email address specific to the group.
1. Email Josh Myers or Emily Brooks to request to join the IBA Google Group(s) of your choice.
2. You will receive email notification that you have been manually added to the group.
3. To begin a discussion, copy and paste the email address specific to the group in your email platform (e.g. Outlook) and hit send. Members can receive the group-specific email addresses for each group by requesting the Google Group User Guide from Josh Myers or Emily Brooks.
4. To participate in discussions, “reply all” in your email platform.
1. IBA Google Groups provide a platform for idea sharing among members and associate members. Please refrain from using it to sell or market products or services.
2. Antitrust behavior is strictly prohibited on IBA Google Groups. These behaviors include price fixing (any collusion by same-market competitors to set prices, credit terms, rates, fees and discounts), horizontal agreements (agreement to divide customers or allocate banking territories by restricting offerings of products or services) and tying arrangements (requiring buyer of one product or service to also purchase another product or service). The penalties for anti-trust behavior are severe and may include steep fines or imprisonment. If you find yourself in a discussion that may be in violation of antitrust laws, you should immediately stop the conversation and report it to your legal counsel and IBA staff.
3. IBA Google Groups are provided for general education purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. No claim is made by the Indiana Bankers Association as to the accuracy of the information provided in Google Groups.