IBA Google Groups
The Indiana Bankers Association strives to deliver services and products that help bankers succeed and grow, as well as connect with peers in the industry. To help achieve this goal, we are happy to offer members another platform to connect and share ideas freely with other members by offering IBA Google Groups.
IBA Google Groups: (click desired group(s) to begin, then follow instructions below)
IBA Compliance Discussion
IBA Consumer Lending Discussion
IBA Cybersecurity Discussion
IBA Financial Management Discussion
IBA Future Leadership Division (FLD Members Only - Join FLD)
IBA Internal Audit Discussion
IBA Marketing Discussion
IBA Mortgage Lending Discussion
IBA Risk Management Discussion
IBA Senior Retail/Branch Administration Discussion
IBA Training Director Discussion
IBA Trust Discussion
How to join a Google Group:
1. Click here to create a Google account, and be sure to enter your bank email. (This does not create a Gmail account, only a Google profile so you can access Google Groups with your bank email.)
2. Verify your email and complete your Google profile information.
3. Click on your desired group(s) above.
4. Before clicking “Apply for Membership,” make sure you’re logged in to the new account you’ve just made by clicking the icon in the top right corner and checking the email address. If you’re not logged into the right account, simply select the correct account from the list.
5. Click “Apply for Membership” on your desired groups.
6. In the pop-up box, edit your display name, select preferences for email frequency and indicate your name and bank in the comment box provided before clicking “Apply to join this group.”
7. To begin a discussion, select “New Topic” in the group page.
8. To participate in discussions, “reply all” in the group page or in your email platform.
1. IBA Google Groups provide a platform for idea sharing among members and associate members. Please refrain from using it to sell or market products or services.
2. Antitrust behavior is strictly prohibited on IBA Google Groups. These behaviors include price fixing (any collusion by same-market competitors to set prices, credit terms, rates, fees and discounts), horizontal agreements (agreement to divide customers or allocate banking territories by restricting offerings of products or services) and tying arrangements (requiring buyer of one product or service to also purchase another product or service). The penalties for anti-trust behavior are severe and may include steep fines or imprisonment. If you find yourself in a discussion that may be in violation of antitrust laws, you should immediately stop the conversation and report it to your legal counsel and IBA staff.
3. IBA Google Groups are provided for general education purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. No claim is made by the Indiana Bankers Association as to the accuracy of the information provided in Google Groups.