Education & Events
Growing the Retail Branch : Branch Management Series Workshop
This workshop focuses on the Branch Manager's Role as Sales & Service Leader. Managers learn
to plan, motivate, and challenge the team to consistently provide exceptional service and meet the Branch’s goals.
- The Retail Branch Performance Chart
- Monitoring and Tracking Tools while Rewarding Results
- Developing Sales & Service Standards
- How Today’s Customer Experience is Changing
- Maximizing Your Bank’s Competitive Value Edge
- Growing the Retail Branch from Within:
- Selling is Helping the Customer
- No More Product Pushing
- Customer On-Boarding
- Maximizing Customer Relationships – Bankers in Action
- Maximizing Universal Banking
- Networking Do’s and Don’ts
- Retail Banking Business Development
- Key Tools for Protecting Key Customers
- Key Tools for Calling on Prospective Customers
- Branch “Best Practices" and Action Planning
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 Noon Lunch (included)
1:00 p.m. Program Resumes
4:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
The 2019 Branch Management Series will be held at the IBA Center for Professional Development, 8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd. Suite 155E, Indianapolis, IN 46240. The 2019 Branch Management Series dates are:
August 20, 2019 - November 19, 2019- January 2020 - April 2020
IBA Members Non-Members
$850 - Full Program $1700 - Full Program
$225 - Each Individual Session $450 - Each Individual Session
Fees include the program, materials, continental breakfast, lunch & refreshments.
Participation in IBA programs is limited to members, associate members, and nonmembers from an eligible membership category at applicable member or nonmember rates.
The Branch Management sessions are designed for Retail Managers, Branch Managers, Assistant Managers, Branch Manager Candidates and anyone responsible for the direction and development of a retail branch. These sessions can be completed in a series or as stand-alone sessions.
Laurie Rees, Vice President, Education & Training
Elizabeth DeHaven, Education Coordinator
The IBA will send confirmations as requested for its programs. Please check the appropriate box & include a fax number on the registration form. If you have questions, contact Elizabeth DeHaven via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 317-387-9380.
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. Within two days prior, 50% of the fee is assessed. Refunds are not provided for cancellations 1 day prior or absences on the day of the program. Substitutions are welcome at anytime.