Education & Events
Debit Card Chargebacks: Understanding Mastercard Dispute Resolution
Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
More changes to chargeback procedures are coming in April 2019 with Mastercard’s dispute resolution initiative. While the details are still forthcoming, Mastercard hopes the changes will prevent invalid disputes and streamline the process from end-to-end. The first phase, already effective in October, made minor edits to reason codes and cardholder documentation. Phase two comes this spring and eliminates a few reason codes and adjusts some timeframes. Compliance is crucial because failure to adhere to Mastercard dispute rules can result in loss of chargeback rights for your institution.
Fraud and authorization-related claims consistently contribute at least 80% of the disputes reported by cardholders. This webinar will focus primarily on the claim reason codes related to fraud disputes and explain the specifics of an issuer’s ability to submit a payment recovery claim.
- What information is needed from the cardholder?
- How is authorization data used to determine when chargeback rights are available?
- What happens when funds cannot be recovered from the merchant through a chargeback?
- How the Mastercard zero liability rule factors into compliance obligations
- Overview of the merchant authorization process
- A simple way to differentiate fraud chargeback claims from non-fraud claims
- Requirements for an EMV liability shift claim
- Maximum timeframes for submitting claims requests
- Complete Mastercard dispute resolution cycle
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample cardholder dispute form
- Quick-reference comparison of Regulation E and Mastercard rules
- Link to publicly available Mastercard rules
- Reference websites
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Diana Kern, AAP, SHAZAM, Inc.
Diana Kern began her career with SHAZAM in 1995. Her broad experience helps her comprehend a financial institution’s inner workings, apply her vast knowledge of the payments industry, and train payment participants on products and services, including ATMs, ATM cards, nationally-branded debit cards, and ACH services. Diana helps clients navigate the ever-changing world of EFT services by providing a detail-oriented focus when explaining individual concepts and specifics. She earned the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) designation in 1998.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This informative session is designed for frontline staff, supervisors, service representatives, and business development personnel.
$255.00 Single Location
$150.00 Each Additional Location
Recorded Webinar & Free Digital Download
Premiere Package (Live & Recorded Webinar with Free Digital Download)
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Marcy Borden at 317-387-9380 or email@example.com
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. If your bank is unable to participate after registering, you can select to purchase the on-demand presentation.