Chief Financial Officer Forum Group 1
This CFO Forum will provide a platform and opportunity for Chief Financial Officers and controllers to exchange ideas freely, dissect problems and discuss important issues with peers. You do not want to miss this opportunity!
The Topics for each session will flow based on feedback from participants in the forum group. As necessary, subject matter experts will be brought in to cover specific issues and topics based on responses from forum members.
POSSIBLE FORUM TOPICS:
- Accounting issues - Evolution of the ALLL toward the Current Expected Credit Loss model; FASB guidance on liquidity and interest rate risk disclosures
- ALCO issues - Getting the most from your model and your advisor; Board understanding of ALCO issues; Surviving the low rate environment
- Bank profitability issues - Squeezing every basis point; Leading indicators of profitability versus lagging indicators; Customer profitability measurement
- Regulatory issues - Increasing emphasis on enterprise risk management; Stress testing the capital plan; Assessing third party vendor risk
- Financial reporting issues - The CFO as Chief Measurement Officer; Reports that change behavior; Planning/budgeting issues; Improvements in Board reporting
- Personal growth - Making execution a priority; The CFO as a leader; Retention and motivation of financial function personnel
- Emerging issues - Convergence of GAAP and IASB standards; Analyzing technology investments and their risks; Pre and post-purchase investment review/monitoring
Paul Sims, president of Guided Solutions, Franklin, TN, is facilitating the Forum. Guided Solutions provides knowledge, networking, and planning for better community banks and better community bankers. Sims facilitates numerous peer group roundtables for bank executives and conducts bank management and board planning retreats. He has made presentations to the National Conference for Community Bankers, the ABA Annual Convention, the RMA Annual Conference of Lending and Credit Risk Management, and bank regulatory agencies.
Prior to founding Guided Solutions, Sims spent 28 years in commercial banking and financial services. He has served as senior commercial lender and chief operating officer of a community bank, managed asset-based lending and other specialized lending functions for a regional bank, served as metropolitan-area president for a regional bank, and was director of bank services for a vendor to community banks nationwide. Sims received his MBA from the University of Chicago and his undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University. You can reach Paul at 615-791-6879 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8:30 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
3:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
IBA Center for Professional Development
8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd, Suite 155E
Indianapolis, IN 46240
The following fees include the program materials, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
$1,200 per IBA member
$2,400 per non-member
Class size is limited to 15 attendees.
Benefits of the Forum…
- Improve your effectiveness as CFO/Controller
- Learn what’s working and what’s not in bank financial management
- Improve the efficiency of your bank’s financial function
- Form lasting relationships with other CFOs
- Solve your most pressing concerns
- Obtain access to highly respected industry experts
- Grow professionally as well as personally
- Discuss with peers what works and what doesn’t
How the Forum Works…
- IBA will organize the forum based on bank size and market to ensure that participants have as much in common as possible without being competitors
- The group will be small—no more than 15 participants.
- The Forum will meet three times during the year
- Eight to 10 topics will be discussed at each session; participants are strongly encouraged to suggest agenda topics of interest
- Forum participants get the benefit of working with expert consultants on a cost-saving basis
- A binder based on Forum topics is compiled for each group member
Laurie Rees, Vice President - Education & Training
Due to our commitments, the price is inclusive of all three sessions. A full refund for the 3-session forum will be given for cancellations received prior to the first session. Any registrant who does not cancel before the first session will be billed the full registration fee and send the materials. Substitutions are welcome at no additional charge.