Education & Events
BSA Series: Job-Specific BSA Training for Operations
June 4, 2019, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
Operations staff must have effective, ongoing training to meet several critical BSA requirements. This webinar will examine three focal points of transaction testing sections of the BSA exam process. Real-life examples of suspicious activities detected by deposit operations staff will be included, along with practical tips for processing and protecting the confidentiality of time-sensitive 314(a) requests. This session will include examples of CIP deficiencies in recent BSA enforcement actions and provide additional monitoring tools.
- Compliance with CDD, EDD, and beneficial ownership rules – will you pass the next BSA exam?
- What does the frontline need to know/collect when opening an account?
- Best risk assessment practices for CDD and EDD
- Tips for an effective CIP, including case studies
- Recent enforcement actions focused on
failureto identify, monitor, and report suspicious activity – learn how to avoid five issues that may cause violations
- Seven steps to include in 314(a) procedures
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- SAR checklist to identify, monitor, and report suspicious activity
- Sample BSA responsibility matrix, including SAR monitoring, 314(a) requests, and CIP
- Template for CDD policy for beneficial ownership and the fifth pillar of BSA compliance
- Compliance review checklist for 314(a) procedures
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Susan Costonis, CRCM, Compliance Consulting and Training for FIs
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, BSA staff, deposit operations personnel, loan operations staff, loan officers, branch personnel, risk managers, compliance officers, new accounts staff, and auditors.
$255.00 Single Location
$155.00 Each Additional Location
Recorded Webinar & Free Digital Download
Premiere Package (Live & Recorded Webinar with Free Digital Download)
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Marcy Borden at 317-387-9380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. If your bank is unable to participate after registering, you can select to purchase the on-demand presentation.