Education & Events
Branch Management Series
The Branch Management Series will focus on the critical success elements of managing and leading a
Workshop 1: New Year - New Start: Key Components for a Successful Year
January 15, 2019
Workshop 1 focuses on exploring the key components of a successful retail bank branch. Participants will leave with valuable tools and a “game plan” for 2019.
The topics include:
• Where Am I Today –Self-Assessment of Current Skills and Talents
• The Leadership Challenge for Today’s Branch Management Team
* Unleashing Your Leadership Abilities
• Communication Tools for Today’s Branch Manager
• Understanding and Leading Today’s Team of Different Generations
• Implementing the 3 C’s to Excellence –plus one more
* Coaching the Team to Engagement
• Getting the Right Person in the Right Seat - Recruiting a Winning Team
* Employee Onboarding - First 90 Days
* Discovering Learning Styles
• Defining the Performance Management Process for 2019
* Developing Performance Expectations for the Team
• Top 10 Human Resource Must Knows for Today’s Retail Managers
• Branch “Best Practices” and Action Planning
This program is designed for retail managers, branch managers, assistant managers, head tellers, branch manager candidates and anyone responsible for the direction, supervision, and development of a retail branch.
The Branch Management Series is presented by Performance Solutions, Inc., a training & consulting company that specializes in providing solutions to the key challenges facing community banks today in attracting, selling & servicing their customers. The Branch Management Series was originally introduced in 1983 and is continually revised and updated to meet the challenges and changes the banking industry experiences.
Dianne Barton is the Founder & President of Performance Solutions, Inc., a training and consulting company that specializes in providing solutions to the key challenges facing community banks today in attracting, selling & servicing their customers. As a former banker, her service, which includes a broad scope including strategic planning,
Dianne’s training programs are designed to “close the gap” between the bank’s needs and employees’ skills. A philosophy of experiential learning and participant involvement in training led to the development of her “TELL-SHOW-DO” training method that is skill based rather than theory based. The training limits lecture discussions to a maximum of 7-9 minutes, relying on an active “
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 p.m. Lunch (included)
1:00 p.m. Program Resumes
4:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
The 2019 Branch Management Series will be held at the IBA Center for Professional Development, 8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd, Suite 155E, Indianapolis, IN 46240. Registration & Continental breakfast will begin at 8:30 a.m., with classes running from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. The 2019 Branch Management Series dates are:
January 15, 2019 - April 23, 2019 - August 20, 2019 - November 19, 2019
The Branch Management Series is four-workshop sessions that may also be completed as stand-alone sessions.
IBA Members Non-Members
$850 - Full Program $1700 - Full Program
$225 - Each Individual Session $450 - Each Individual Session
Fees include the program, materials, continental breakfast, lunch & refreshments.
Participation in IBA programs is limited to members, associate members, and nonmembers from an eligible membership category at applicable member or nonmember rates.
Branch Management Certification Overview
Indiana Bankers Association is proud to offer the Branch Management Certification program. The workshops do not have to be taken in sequence in order to receive a certification. The four workshop sessions may also be completed as stand-alone sessions.
Key Elements of the Series
- Develop and Implement Retail Banking Business Plan
- Discover Individual Leadership and Management Styles
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance and Operational Adherence
- Mitigate Risks
- Grow the Retail Banking Branch
- Explore Proven Sales, Service, and Relationship Building Skills and Tools
- Motivate and Boost Employee and Team Success
- Manage Challenging Situations with Team Members and Customers
- Strengthen Communication and Day-to-Day Effectiveness
- Increase “Bench Strength” in the Branch
- Determine Critical Branch “Best Practices”
What is the Process for Certification?
This is a comprehensive training program that focuses on three key components:
1. Completion of all four workshops in the Branch Management Series.
2. Successful completion of assignments after each of the four workshops.
3. Annually attending one live full day IBA workshop to re-certify each year.
Laurie Rees, Vice President, Education & Training
Elizabeth Kilty, Education Coordinator
The IBA will send confirmations as requested for its programs. Please check the appropriate box & include a fax number on the registration form. If you have questions, contact Elizabeth Kilty via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 317-387-9380.
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. Within two days prior, 50% of the fee is assessed. Refunds are not provided for cancellations 1 day prior or absences on the day of the program. Substitutions are welcome at anytime.