Education & Events
Board Reporting Series: Board Secretary Procedural & Compliance Responsibilities
Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
The board secretary’s role is critical in today’s dynamic industry involving corporate governance, compliance, and director liability. That role also includes communication with directors and management, administration of corporate governance, oversight of policy/procedure reviews, obtaining and maintaining annual documentation, and compliance issues. Examiners routinely ask for and conduct an in-depth review of board minutes as a part of their regular exam request memo. What are the dos and don’ts of this important role? How can the board secretary be more effective? This session will provide the answers to these questions and more.
- Board secretary responsibilities
- Documenting the board’s oversight of your institution’s risk management
- List of annual policies, officer designations, and other items for the board
- Documenting various methods of board training
- Establishing the agenda and distributing the board package
- Crafting minutes, supporting documentation, and corrections
- E-package delivery, including privacy and IT sample procedures
- Record-retention requirements
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Board attendance log
- Sample policies and procedures approval schedule
- Sample board report schedule
- Electronic media board package considerations and sample procedures
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has 17 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Dawn has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, and coordinated internal and external audits and exams.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This informative session is designed for board secretaries, senior management, and directors.
$255.00 Single Location
$150.00 Each Additional Location
Recorded Webinar & Free Digital Download
Premiere Package (Live & Recorded Webinar with Free Digital Download)
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Marcy Borden at 317-387-9380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. If your bank is unable to participate after registering, you can select to purchase the on-demand presentation.