Bank/Associate Member Recognition Programs
The Indiana Bankers Association works collectively to improve the business environment for banking to a far greater extent than any single institution could accomplish on its own. The success of this endeavor is dependent upon the support and participation of each member institution; the IBA and its members as a whole benefit when individual member participation is maximized. The IBA celebrates the support and commitment of members through various forms of recognition, including:
- The IBA Five Star Bank Member Program
- The Diamond Associate Member Program
- MAXI Awards
- The Swackhamer Agri-Banker Memorial Award
- The 40 Year Club Recognition
- The Indiana BANKPAC 200% Club Award
These membership recognition programs reward those members that have demonstrated continued support and participation in the Association.
The Five Star Member Program recognizes those IBA members which exemplify this spirit by making outstanding commitments in five designated areas, measured by the most recently completed calendar year:
- Political awareness – A Five Star Member will be an Indiana BANKPAC fair share supporter. A bank’s fair share goal is $6 per million dollars in Indiana deposits.
- Issues advocacy – A Five Star Member will have a minimum of five documented grassroots contacts and will have been represented by at least one director, officer or employee at a designated grassroots event. Contacts may include emails, letters, phone calls and personal visits. Grassroots events include the IBA Legislative Reception and Briefing, the Future Leadership Division Day at the Statehouse, IBA regional meetings, the IBA Annual Washington Trip, and grassroots events sponsored by the American Bankers Association or Independent Community Bankers of America.
- Life-long learning – A Five Star Member will have invested, during the most recent calendar year, in IBA educational programs and products in an amount equal to or greater than its membership dues.
- Volunteerism – A Five Star Member will be represented by at least one director, officer or employee on an IBA committee or board.
- Preferred Service Provider utilization – A Five Star Member will have utilized at least three IBA Preferred Service Providers (PSPs) during the most recent calendar year.
For more information about the IBA Five Star Member program, contact Rod Lasley, 317-387-9380.
Diamond Associate Member status is reserved for those associate members that provide the highest level of support to the IBA through advertising, sponsorships, event participation and other key areas.
Diamond Associate Members receive a commemorative award, and are recognized throughout the year in several ways:
- Name badge ribbons at major Association events
- Designation as a Diamond Associate Member in the following areas: IBA website, Hoosier Banker magazine, Mega Conference trade show guide, Annual Convention program booklet and the Indiana Financial Institutions Directory
- A Diamond Associate Member logo for use on business cards, brochures and other marketing materials.
The designation allows for more than one Diamond Member per product or service category.
The designation will be determined on an annual basis, and recognition will be awarded during the year of attainment.
In order to attain the Diamond Associate Member status, four of the five following criteria need to be met:
- Advertising - A Diamond Associate Member will provide advertising in various IBA publications at a level of $3,000 or greater.
- Sponsorship - A Diamond Associate Member will provide sponsorship for various IBA events at a level of $2,000 or greater.
- Event participation - A Diamond Associate Member will participate through trade show exhibits or event attendance at a minimum of two IBA major events. Opportunities include: IBA Mega Conference, Annual Convention, Security & Risk Management Conference, Cybersecurity Conference or Agricultural Clinic.
- Preferred Service Provider utilization - A Diamond Associate Member will utilize at least one IBA Preferred Service Provider. Opportunities include: Office Depot, OneAmerica 401(k) offering or Approval Payment Solutions merchant services.
- Indiana BANKPAC contribution - A Diamond Associate Member will make an Indiana BANKPAC contribution of $500 or greater.
For more information about the IBA Diamond Associate Member program, contact Rod Lasley, 317-387-9380.
For more than 30 years, the Maxi Awards have been recognizing excellence in bank marketing and advertising throughout the state. All IBA members are eligible to enter. Entries are accepted directly from a member institution, or from an advertising agency on behalf of a member institution. Only materials initially used during the given calendar year are eligible.
For more information about the MAXI Awards, contact Chris Bennett, 317-387-9380.
The James B. Swackhamer Outstanding Agri-Banker Memorial Award is presented in memory of the late James B. Swackhamer, who had served as agricultual representative and head of farm loans at Clinton County Bank and Trust Company of Frankfort for 29 years before his death in 1981. The award recognizes a banker's involvement in banking and community activities. The annual winner receives a commemorative plaque, and his or her name is added to the master Swackhamer Memorial Award plaque displayed at the IBA offices.
For more information about the Swackhamer Award, contact Laurie Rees, 317-387-9380.
The Indiana Bankers Association pays homage to individuals who have devoted at least 40 years of service to the banking profession, by enrolling them in the 40 Year Club. The IBA invites all banks to notify the IBA offices of any additions that need to be made to the roll. Each member receives a commemorative pin for years of service to the industry and is recognized annually at the Chairmans Banquet, during the IBA Annual Convention. A listing of honorees is included in Hoosier Banker on an annual basis.
For more information about the 40 Year Club, contact Susan Clark, 317-387-9380.
Each year, in an effort to raise funds for Indiana BANKPAC, the IBA sets fair share goals for each bank, calculated at $6 per million in Indiana deposits. Banks which fulfill this goal are eligible for the IBA Five Star Award. While the IBA appreciates the many IBA-member banks that achieve their goals, special recognition is required for those which go above and beyond to contribute more than their fair share. The Indiana BANKPAC 200% Club Award recognizes those banks that contribute at least 200% of their fair share goals. Banks which reach this level of giving are presented with an award during the annual IBA Legislative Briefing.
For more information about the 200% Club, contact Josh Myers, 317-387-9380.