Education & Events
Advanced Commercial Loan Documentation
May 23, 2019, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
Commercial loans carry the most risk and technical
- Identifying the parties to the loan – beneficial ownership rule
- Ensure you know who owns, guarantees, and is authorized or required to sign which documents
- Loan agreement covenants and when to consider using more than boilerplate covenants
Perfectionof securityinterest, including different types of collateral (marketable securities, deposit accounts, life insurance policies, equipment and inventory, contracts or receivables, leases, etc.)
- Title insurance policies, including endorsements and exceptions
- Subordination agreements – when to get them, what is being subordinated (repayment priority, lien position), and when to ask for
subordinationof loans to shareholders
- Documenting commercial construction loans
- A general liability policy does not cover a subcontractor’s faulty workmanship
- Commercial lending compliance hot spots
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Commercial loan documentation checklist
- Commercial real estate documentation checklist
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Doug Blay, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Doug Blay began his banking career in 1985 and has continued his service to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas, including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, and management. He has 33 years of experience in commercial lending, specializing in commercial real estate, commercial and industrial (C&I), and agricultural lending. Doug is vice president of Sutton Bank in Ohio and provides consulting for Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This informative session is designed for commercial lenders and support staff, loan review staff, and auditors.
$255.00 Single Location
$155.00 Each Additional Location
Recorded Webinar & Free Digital Download
Premiere Package (Live & Recorded Webinar with Free Digital Download)
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Marcy Borden at 317-387-9380 or email@example.com
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. If your bank is unable to participate after registering, you can select to purchase the on-demand presentation.