Education & Events
ABA The Mortgage Lending Business
The Mortgage Lending Business is a 6-week course providing loan officers, underwriters, loan processors, and loan servicing professionals an overview of the mortgage lending business, including mortgage banker, broker and lender business models; the role of government and agencies like Federal Housing Administration and the Veteran's Administration programs; other key players like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac; important real estate laws; and the basics of real estate investing.
Audience: Financial service professionals who want a broad overview of mortgage lending including those who intend to pursue a career in mortgage lending (business development, underwriting, processing) and those individuals who recently joined a mortgage lending department.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Explain how property is transferred from one owner to another and the legal implications of transfer of property
- Describe the basic principles involved in real estate investment and finance, including the business of construction and development lending
- Explain the process of mortgage origination, processing, underwriting, closing and servicing, including the federal laws that apply
- Describe the various functions and responsibilities of mortgage origination and loan servicing departments
- Identify government agencies and government-sponsored agencies that interact to further home ownership
ABA Online course
Member Price: $300
Nonmember Price: $375
Textbook: All reading materials are provided online
Required Software: Adobe Acrobat Reader
Fundamentals of Mortgage Lending and The Mortgage Lending Business replace the previous Introduction to Mortgage Lending Course.
Questions? Contact Susan Clark at the IBA at 317/387-9380.
There is a full refund for any cancellations or transfers made before the start of the class and upon the return of the textbook to ABA. Refunds will be made (less $100 cancellation fee) if received within 10 business days from the start of course and the return of the textbook if applicable. Please include your packing slip or order number with the return of your textbook. You may request a transfer only once with a fee of $100. There are no refunds for cancellations received more than 10 business days after the start of the class.