ABA Managing Funding, Liquidity, and Capital
Managing Funding, Liquidity and Capital provides participants with the tools to manage these functions within their bank. This course takes 6 weeks.
Note: In order to complete the final project assigned in the course, participants will need to have access to the reports used by their bank to manage funding, liquidity, and capital.
Audience:This course is designed for individuals involved in funding, liquidity or capital management or line managers making pricing, investment, or funding decisions that impact these areas.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Identify the risk-return characteristics of various deposit and non-deposit sources
- Evaluate the costs of various funding sources and their impact on profitability
- Evaluate the impact of various funding sources on interest rate and liquidity risk
- Use various measures to evaluate liquidity risk
- Take appropriate measures to manage liquidity
- Identify optimal capital levels from both the regulators' and shareholders' point of view
- Evaluate the costs and risks of different sources of capital
- Prepare a capital management plan
ABA Online course
Member Price: $890 w/textbook, $660 w/o textbook **
Nonmember Price: $1140 w/textbook, $870 w/o textbook **
** If you already have a copy of the textbook, be sure to register using the "without textbook" option.
Textbook: Bank Management, 8th Edition, by Timothy W. Koch and S. Scott MacDonald, 2014, Thomson Learning
Prerequisites: Participants should have a basic understanding of bank financial statements, bank performance analysis, and interest rate risk management. Students who have not had exposure to these topics are encouraged (but not required) to take Analyzing Bank Performance and Managing Interest Rate Risk prior to this class.
Required Software: Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Reader
Course Credits: ABA Certifications: 17.0 CERP
Questions? Contact Susan Clark at the IBA at 317/387-9380.
There is a full refund for any cancellations or transfers made before the start of the class and upon the return of the textbook to ABA. Refunds will be made (less $100 cancellation fee) if received within 10 business days from the start of course and the return of the textbook if applicable. Please include your packing slip or order number with the return of your textbook. You may request a transfer only once with a fee of $100. There are no refunds for cancellations received more than 10 business days after the start of the class.