Education & Events
ABA IRA Online Institute
Delivered in conjunction with ABA, the IRA Online Institute is an intensive 12-week course developed and supported by Ascensus' professional instructors that teaches in-depth essential IRA information on Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, SEP plans, and SIMPLE IRA plans. Ascensus has tailored its premier on-site IRA training so attendees can conveniently access the we-based study material and submit assignments. Students should expect to spend 15-20 hours a week completing the readings and assignments depending on the student's prior knowledge of IRAs. The Online Institute is an Institute of Certified Bankers-approved educational program for the Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) designation.
Audience: IRA Services Professionals with one to two years experience or if someone is preparing for the CISP exam.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Administer both traditional and Roth IRAs and SEP and SIMPLE plans
- Identify eligibility and set-up requirements for all of these plans
- Administer contributions consistent with contribution limits
- Manage rollovers and transfers
- Administer distributions and required minimum distributions
- Describe beneficiary options and facilitate beneficiary transactions
- Manage error resolution, penalties, and reporting on these accounts
- Identify key elements of successful IRA marketing effort
ABA Online course
Member Price: $1595
Nonmember Price: $1795
Textbook: All reading materials are provided online. Content and instructor are provided by Ascensus Retirement Services and is the same content used in the Ascensus IRA Institute.
Required Software: Adobe Acrobat Reader, current or recent version of an internet browser
Course Credits: ABA Professional Certifications: 36.75 CISP, CRSP, CTFA
Questions? Contact Susan Clark at the IBA at 317/387-9380.
There is a full refund for any cancellations or transfers made before the start of the class and upon the return of the textbook to ABA. Refunds will be made (less $100 cancellation fee) if received within 10 business days from the start of course and the return of the textbook if applicable. Please include your packing slip or order number with the return of your textbook. You may request a transfer only once with a fee of $100. There are no refunds for cancellations received more than 10 business days after the start of the class.