Education & Events
ABA General Accounting
General Accounting provides a complete foundation in basic accounting procedures. This 16-week course presents the fundamentals of accounting in a practical, up-to-date, and easy-to-comprehend manner. The goal is to provide students with a strong basic knowledge of accounting terms, concepts, and procedures. Emphasis is placed on developing a firm foundation of fundamental procedures with appropriate repetition of content through the use of examples and color-coded illustrations.
Audience: Bank personnel with little or no accounting background at any level.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic accounting cycle and define the basic elements used such as asset, liability, owner's equity, revenue, and expense accounts
- List the steps in the accounting cycle; prepare a post-closing trial balance and interim statements
- Understand and perform functions relative to bank accounts and cash funds
- Understand the implications of dealing with employee earnings and deductions, and with employee taxes, payments, and reports
- Prepare a classified income statement and balance sheet, compute working capital and current ratio and journalize closing entries for a business
ABA Online course
Member Price: $615
Nonmember Price: $740
Price includes shipping and/or handling fees.
Textbook: College Accounting, 13th edition, Cengage
Prerequisites: Comfortable using Microsoft Excel
Required Software: Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Reader
Questions? Contact Susan Clark at the IBA at 317/387-9380.
There is a full refund for any cancellations or transfers made before the start of the class and upon the return of the textbook to ABA. Refunds will be made (less $100 cancellation fee) if received within 10 business days from the start of course and the return of the textbook if applicable. Please include your packing slip or order number with the return of your textbook. You may request a transfer only once with a fee of $100. There are no refunds for cancellations received more than 10 business days after the start of the class.