ABA Fundamentals of Mortgage Lending
In this six-week course, the student explores key elements in the mortgage lending industry. Topics include the major mortgage financing programs and guidelines, construction lending and land development financing, the impact of regulations on the mortgage process; property appraisals review and types of mortgage fraud.
Audience: Those employees who want a broad overview of mortgage lending, including those who intend to pursue a career in mortgage lending (business development, underwriting, processing) or those individuals who recently joined a mortgage lending department.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Describe mortgage financing programs and options
- Explain applicable compliance laws and their impact on the mortgage process
- Describe how a property appraisal is completed and how they are used in mortgage financing
- Describe the basic principles involved in real estate investment and finance, including the business of construction and development lending
- Describe the different forms of mortgage fraud and its impact on the industry and financing process
ABA Online course
Member Price: $300
Nonmember Price: $375
Textbook: All reading materials are provided online
Required Software: Adobe Acrobat Reader
Fundamentals of Mortgage Lending and The Mortgage Lending Business replace the previous Introduction to Mortgage Lending course.
Questions? Contact Susan Clark at the IBA at 317/387-9380.
There is a full refund for any cancellations or transfers made before the start of the class and upon the return of the textbook to ABA. Refunds will be made (less $100 cancellation fee) if received within 10 business days from the start of course and the return of the textbook if applicable. Please include your packing slip or order number with the return of your textbook. You may request a transfer only once with a fee of $100. There are no refunds for cancellations received more than 10 business days after the start of the class.