Education & Events
ABA Analyzing Bank Performance
Analyzing Bank Performance is a 7 week course that provides participants with all of the tools needed to analyze their bank's financial performance. During this class, participants will analyze their own bank's performance.
Audience: This course is designed for junior-level bank officers all the way up through CEOs who need to analyze their bank's performance. Participants should have some basic knowledge of balance sheets and income statements.
- Identify the key balance sheet and income items for a bank
- Use the Uniform Bank Performance Report to analyze their bank's performance over time and compare that with other banks
- Identify the major factors affecting bank performance
- Analyze the profitability of various lines of business within the bank using a variety of measures
- Utilize the concepts of economic value added and the balanced scorecard in assessing their bank's performance
- Identify the key drivers on non-interest income and non-interest expense and various strategies for managing them
- Evaluate customer profitability within the bank
ABA Online course
Member Price: $890 w/textbook, $660 w/o textbook **
Nonmember Price: $1140 w/textbook, $870 w/o textbook **
** If you already have a copy of the textbook, be sure to register using the "without textbook" option.
Textbook: Bank Management, 8th Edition, by Timothy W. Koch and S. Scott MacDonald, 2014, Thomson Learning
Prerequisites: Participants must have experience using Microsoft Excel and should have previously taken a basic accounting course.
Required Software: Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Reader
Questions? Contact Susan Clark at the IBA at 317/387-9380.
There is a full refund for any cancellations or transfers made before the start of the class and upon the return of the textbook to ABA. Refunds will be made (less $100 cancellation fee) if received within 10 business days from the start of course and the return of the textbook if applicable. Please include your packing slip or order number with the return of your textbook. You may request a transfer only once with a fee of $100. There are no refunds for cancellations received more than 10 business days after the start of the class.