Education & Events
2019 HMDA Essentials
The world of HMDA has changed in a dramatic fashion. On October 13, 2015 the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) published final rules implementing changes to Regulation C required by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The final rules were generally effective on January 1, 2018. On May 24, 2018 Congress passed the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act (EGRRCPA). The EGRRCPA provided a partial exemption from HMDA data collection and reporting requirements for certain small volume HMDA reporters with appropriate Community Reinvestment Act ratings.
Additional information found on the pdf brochure.
A thorough explanation of which institutions are covered by HMDA and Regulation C;
- Which institutions are eligible for the EGRRCPA partial HMDA exemption and whether those institutions should take advantage of the exemption;
- A review of which loans are and are not reportable;
- Detailed information on how to complete required, expanded data fields;
- Information regarding amendments related to the collection of ethnicity, race, and sex of applicants and borrowers;
- A review of the Filing Instructions Guide (FIG);
- Detail on the data submission and public availability requirements;
- Steps to identify and eliminate reporting errors and thereby avoid penalties; and
- A review of the ANPR and the NPRM.
Jack Holzknecht is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending Compliance for 41 years. In 36 years as a trainer over 130,000 bankers (and many examiners) have participated in Jack’s live seminars and webinars. Jack’s career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the product and education divisions of a regional consulting company. There he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by a number of state bankers associations. As a
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 p.m. Lunch (included)
1:00 p.m. Program Resumes
4:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
Indiana Bankers Association
8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd., Suite 155E
Indianapolis, IN 46240
$325 IBA Member
$155 Each Additional IBA Member
Participation in IBA programs is limited to members, associate members, and nonmembers from an eligible membership category at
The program is designed for loan officers, compliance officers, loan processors and clerks and auditors. Whether new to the requirements of HMDA and Regulation C or a seasoned veteran, this program provides a comprehensive review of the ever changing requirements of HMDA and Regulation C.
This full-day program provides a thorough review of HMDA and the revised Regulation C rules. It also assures participants:
· Understand the present requirements;
· Are aware of potential problems resulting from recent revisions;
· Know what tools are available through the CFPB to assist in recording and reporting HMDA data; and
· Understand changes that have been proposed.
Participants receive a detailed manual that serves as a handbook long after the program is completed
Elizabeth DeHaven, Education Coordinator
You will receive an e-mail confirmation at registration. If you have questions, contact Elizabeth DeHaven at 317-387-9380 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. Within two days prior, 50% of the fee is assessed. Refunds are not provided for cancellations the day before or absences on the day of the program. Substitutions are welcome at