Education & Events
2019 BSA Officer Forum
This BSA Officer Forum will provide a platform and opportunity to exchange ideas freely, examine pressing issues in today’s ever-evolving regulatory, cost-conscience and productivity-driven environment. Peer-to-Peer sessions have proven very successful for IBA membership focus groups such as the CFO, Senior Lender, Marketing, Human Resource, and Retail. You don’t want to miss this opportunity!
The Topics for each session will flow based on feedback from participants in the forum group. As necessary, subject matter experts will be brought in to cover specific issues and topics based on responses from forum members.
POSSIBLE FORUM TOPICS:
- Compliance with Beneficial Ownership and CDD: Are you Ready?
- Monitoring High-Risk Entities: MSBs, NRAs, and other High Risk Customers
- Best Practices for Policy and Procedures Updates
- Emerging BSA Hot Topics
- Lending Compliance with BSA
- Exam Hot Topics—Recommendations and Findings
- Current Fraud Schemes
- BSA Training Tips and Tools
- Risk Assessment Tools and Trends
Dianne Barton is President of Performance Solutions, Inc., (PSI), a training and consulting company that specializes in providing “real world” solutions to the key challenges facing banks today in attracting and building relationships with their customers. Her wide-range of training and consulting experience includes BSA compliance, strategic planning facilitation, leadership development, regulatory compliance, and service and sales development. Before starting Performance Solutions in 1983, she held senior positions with Bank South Corporation, the Internal Revenue Service, and the John H. Harland Company. Dianne is a graduate of Georgia State University and is on the faculty of several state banking schools.
8:30 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. Program Resumes
3:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
IBA Center for Professional Development
8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd, Suite 155E
Indianapolis, IN 46240
The registration fee includes the program materials, continental breakfast, lunch & refreshments.
$999.00 per IBA Member
$1999.00 per Non-member
Benefits of the Forum…
- Improve your effectiveness as the BSA Officer
- Discuss current industry challenges with other BSA Officers
- Solve your most pressing concerns
- Hear from experts in the industry on products, services, regulatory changes and best practices
- Grow professionally as well as personally
- Discuss with peers what works and what doesn’t
- Form lasting relationships with other BSA Officers
How the Forum Works…
- IBA will organize the forum based on bank size to ensure participants have as much in common as possible
- The group will be small—no more than 15 participants
- The Forum will meet three times during the year
- Eight to 10 topics will be discussed at each session; participants are strongly encouraged to suggest agenda topics of interest
- Forum participants get the benefit of working with expert consultants on a cost-saving basis
- A binder based on Forum topics is compiled for each Forum member
Laurie Rees, Vice President - Education & Training
Due to our commitments, the price is inclusive of all three sessions. A full refund for the 3-session forum will be given for cancellations received prior to the first session. Any registrant who does not cancel before the first session will be billed the full registration fee and send the materials. Substitutions are welcome at no additional charge.