Education & Events
2018 Marketing Directors Forum
An Investment in Your Bank’s Future!
This Marketing Directors Forum will provide a platform and opportunity for Marketing and Retail staff to exchange ideas freely, dissect problems and discuss important issues with peers. You do not want to miss this opportunity!
Benefits of the Forum...
- Improve your effectiveness as Marketing Director in the banking sector
- Discuss current industry trends and challenges experienced by other marketing professionals
- Review a wide-range of developments that affect bank marketing: strategies, tactics and results
- Identify and discuss ways to “do more with less” given budget and staff pressures
- Obtain access to highly respected industry experts
- Grow professionally as well as personally
- Discuss with peers what works and what doesn’t
How the Forum Works...
- IBA will organize the forum based on bank size and market to ensure that participants have as much in common as possible without being competitors
- The group will be small - no more than 15 participants
- The Forum will meet three times during the year
- Eight to 10 topics will be discussed at each session; participants are strongly encouraged to suggest agenda topics of interest
- Forum participants get the benefit of working with expert consultants on a cost-saving basis
- A binder based on Forum topics is compiled for each group member
While much of the discussion will be based on what YOU, the members of the Forum want to cover, here are just some of the topics that we’ve heard are on the radar screens of today’s bank marketing professional.
- Social media strategies and managing compliance
- Online advertising and search visibility
- Blogging and content creation strategies
- EMV debit card conversions
- Cross-media brand management
- Low cost deposit acquisition
- Onboarding programs for new customers
- Reboarding existing customers – retention and relationship growth
- Elimination of free checking or replacement with fee-based account option
- Real estate loan volume migrating from refinance market to purchase market
- Competing with rewards-style, high interest checking accounts
- Introducing rewards programs for debit cards
- Retention of top loan customers
- Effective commercial business development programs
- Email marketing and customer education
Eric Cook often times refers to himself as a “recovering banker” and worked for a publicly-traded community bank for 15 years. During that time he held a number of positions, including Marketing Director, as well as senior management, technology, HR and customer service. Now as a digital marketer and public speaker in the banking and fintech space, Cook remains closely connected to the online trends that are evolving for today’s community bank and how to attract, engage and retain the new “digital consumer.” He looks forward to brining not only his expertise to the table to benefit Forum members, but his connections in the community banking and marketing arenas to ensure that forum discussions are on-topic and full of beneficial information for its participants.
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 p.m. Lunch
3:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
IBA Center for Professional Development
8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd, Suite 155E
Indianapolis, IN 46240
The following fees include the program materials, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
IBA member - $999 per person
Non-member - $1999 per person
Participation in IBA programs is limited to members, associate members, and nonmembers from an eligible membership category at applicable member or non-member rates.
Laurie Rees, Vice President - Education & Training
Due to our commitments, the price is inclusive of all three sessions. A full refund for the 3-session forum will be given for cancellations received prior to the first session. Any registrant who does not cancel before the first session will be billed the full registration fee and send the materials. Substitutions are welcome at no additional charge.