2018 Lending Compliance Update
“Keeping up” is the most common training goal for compliance and lending personnel. Since the late 1960’s, the steady stream of new consumer laws and regulations has been continuously supplemented by revisions of previously issued regulations. Often, compliance errors occur simply because the lender was unaware of the change.
2018 was expected to bring a slowdown in the volume of compliance changes. The Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act (EGRRCPA), which was advertised as reducing burden, will keep compliance personnel busy for months to come.
The program covers developments within the last 12 months for the :
- Truth in Lending Act/ Regulation Z
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Protecting Tenants at Foreclosures Act
- Appraisal Rules
- Servicemember Civil Relief Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- SAFE Act
- And much more
Issues to be discussed include:
- Truth in Lending/Regulation Z
- TRID final rules (Mandatory compliance October 1, 2018)
- EGRRCPA amends rules for TRID, qualified mortgages, escrows, ability to repay, private education loans, and appraisals
- Semi-annual Daylight Savings Time adjustment
- Adjustment to annual thresholds
- HMDA/Regulation C
- Major EGRRCPA partial exemption
- ECOA/Regulation B
- Revised Uniform Residential Loan Application (1003).
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- EGRRCPA extends
periodof availability of foreclosure relief
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- EGRRCPA amends rules for identity fraud, security freezes, medical debt, and creates a rehab program for delinquent student loan borrowers.
- Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act
- EGRRCPA restores PTAFA
- SAFE Act
Jack Holzknecht is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 42 years. In 37 years as a trainer over 125,000 bankers (and many examiners) have participated in Jack’s live seminars and webinars. Jack’s career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the product and education divisions of a regional consulting company. There he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by a number of state bankers associations. As a contractor he developed and delivered compliance training for the FDIC for ten years. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a member of the National Speakers Association. He is also a “BOL Guru.”
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 Noon Lunch (included)
1:00 p.m. Program Resumes
4:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
This seminar will be held at the IBA Center for Professional Development, 8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd. Suite 155 E, Indianapolis, IN 4640. Directions, map & a list of local hotels are available at www.indianabankers.org or by calling 317-387-9380.
$325 First Person
$155 Additional Attendee From Same Institution
Participation in IBA programs is limited to members, associate members, and nonmembers from an eligible membership category at applicable member or non-member rates.
This program provides essential information on lending compliance topics in one program; thereby saving the attendee time and their institution’s money. The 300+ page manual serves as a handbook long after the program is completed. Attendees are able to:
- Understand recent changes; and
- Development a plan to implement pending changes.
This program is designed for compliance officers, loan officers, auditors and others who are familiar with the basic requirements of the covered regulations.
If you have any questions please contact MArcy Borden at 317-387-9380 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. Within two days prior, 50% of the fee is assessed. Refunds are not provided for cancellations the day before or absences on the day of the program. Substitutions are welcome at anytime.