2018 HMDA Essentials
THIS EVENT WAS RESCHEDULED FROM MARCH 20.
The world of HMDA has changed in a dramatic fashion. On October 13,
Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) published final rules implementing changes to Regulation C required by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The final rules were generally effective on January 1, 2018. The CFPB also published amendments to the HMDA requirements on August 24, 2017, prior
The modifications to HMDA were massive and many financial institutions are still dealing with the challenges of collecting and submitting data under the burdensome requirements.
This full-day program provides a thorough review of HMDA and the revised Regulation C rules. It also assures participants:
- Understand the new requirements;
- Are aware of potential problems resulting from the new requirements; and
- Know what tools are available through the CFPB to assist in recording and reporting HMDA data.
Participants receive a detailed manual that serves as a handbook long after the program is completed.
The program provides:
- A thorough explanation of which institutions are covered by HMDA and Regulation C;
- A review of which loans are and are not reportable;
- Detailed information on how to complete required, expanded data fields;
- Information regarding amendments related to the collection of ethnicity, race, and sex of applicants and borrowers;
- A review of the 2018 Filing Instructions Guide (FIG);
- Detail on the data submission and public availability requirements; and
- Steps to identify and eliminate reporting errors and thereby avoid penalties.
Jack Holzknecht is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending Compliance for 41 years. In 36 years as a trainer over 130,000 bankers (and many examiners) have participated in Jack’s live seminars and webinars. Jack’s career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the product and education divisions of a regional consulting company. There he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by a number of state bankers associations. As a
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 p.m. Lunch (included)
1:00 p.m. Program Resumes
4:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
Indiana Bankers Association
8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd., Suite 155E
Indianapolis, IN 46240
$325 IBA Member
$155 Each Additional IBA Member
Participation in IBA programs is limited to members, associate members, and nonmembers from an eligible membership category at
The program is designed for loan officers, compliance officers, loan processors and clerks and auditors. Whether new to the requirements of HMDA and Regulation C or a seasoned veteran, this program provides a comprehensive review of the new requirements of HMDA and Regulation C.
Marcy Borden, Education Coordinator
You will receive an e-mail confirmation at registration. If you have questions, contact Marcy Borden at 317-387-9380 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. Within two days prior, 50% of the fee is assessed. Refunds are not provided for cancellations the day before or absences on the day of the program. Substitutions are welcome at