2017 Advanced Deposit Account Administration
“One day just isn’t enough time.” That has been the only criticism of the one- day Deposit Account Administration seminar, and 2016 brought big changes! In response, the Indiana Bankers Association is holding a two-day deposit workshop on September 19 and 20, 2017.
This two-day program is the most comprehensive, state-specific seminar offered on the topic of deposit accounts in the Hoosier State. It is presented in an interactive format. Group participation is encouraged. The presentation provides answers to questions routinely asked by customers and employees. The manual supports those answers with citations to laws, regulations, federal forms and publications. It also provides tips on loads of free resources for use back at the office.
Day one is all about Federal requirements when onboarding and opening accounts for consumers and fiduciaries. Indiana law regarding ownership, titling, on-going maintenance, and death provisions for consumer and fiduciary relationships are covered in detail.
Day Two is dedicated to business accounts. Federal laws and regulations relating to customer onboarding, payment of interest, disclosure requirements, Fair Credit Reporting Act third-party verification requirements and IRS TIN, titling and certification are just the beginning.
Day One Program Content:
- CIP and CDD requirements for consumers and fiduciaries;
- Identity theft prevention program;
- IRS SSN / ITIN, name control and certification requirements;
- Fair Credit Reporting Act allowances for third-party verification;
- Federal disclosure requirements;
- Opening accounts for non-U.S. citizens;
- Office of Foreign Assets Control;
- Powers of Attorney;
- Agents on consumer accounts;
- Account ownerships permitted by Indiana law; and
- Procedures upon death of an account owner.
Day Two Program Content:
- CIP and CDD on businesses, including beneficial ownership requirements;
- IN business formation and modification documentation;
- Documenting foreign (out of state) businesses;
- Resolutions – purpose and proper completion;
- IN assumed name registration requirements;
- Requirements for authorized signers; and
- Documenting “tiered” or “layered” businesses.
Laura Wilson is a principal with Pegasus Educational Services, LLC. She is a gifted trainer who proves learning can be fun. Audiences routinely comment that her recollection of material content and sense of humor are unique among presenters on technical topics. Her career in training on banking related issues began in 1987. At one time she served as the regulatory compliance trainer for a $3 billion savings bank. Later, she was a senior consultant and full-time trainer for a regional consulting firm for financial institutions. She has served on the faculty of the OTS’ Level I Compliance School and the FDIC’s Bank Operations and Compliance School for examiners. In addition to presenting seminars for 17 state banking associations, she has been an instructor at compliance schools sponsored by the Iowa, Nebraska, Texas, and Pennsylvania bankers associations.
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 Noon Lunch (included)
1:00 p.m. Program Resumes
4:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
This seminar will be held at the IBA Center for Professional Development, 8425 Woodfield Crossing, Suite 155E, Indianapolis, IN 46240. Directions, map & a list of local hotels are available at www.indianabankers.org or by calling 317-387-9380.
The following fees include the program, materials, lunch and refreshments:
$425 IBA Members
$310 Each Additional Member
Participation in IBA programs is limited to members, associate members, and nonmembers from an eligible membership category at applicable member or non-member rates.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for experienced new account representatives, new accounts supervisors, branch managers, trainers and auditors. Back office personnel who support the deposit account area will also find this seminar beneficial.
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Signature card and account agreement,
- Resolutions for all commercial account types,
- Disclosures used at account opening, and
- Other documents used to open, maintain and close deposit accounts (if applicable).
For more information please contact Marcy Borden via e-mail at email@example.com or call 317-387-9380.
Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. Within two days prior, 50% of the fee is assessed. Refunds are not provided for cancellations 1 day prior or absences on the day of the program. Substitutions are welcome at any time.